XTERRA Triathlon Nationals: 10k Run
ElevationAscent: 793' 242 m
Descent: -767' -234 m
High: 6,922' 2,110 m
Low: 6,394' 1,949 m
GradeAvg Grade: 5% (3°)
Max Grade: 33% (18°)
Current trail conditions
Popular runs nearby
Middle Fork to Wheeler Creek to East Fork Loop
6.4 mi 10.3 km • Loop • 909 ft Ascent 276.99 m Ascent
Singletrack Wolf Creek, UT( 2 )
BoSho from Adams to Fernwood and Kaysville Wildeness Park
8.2 mi 13.2 km • Loop • 905 ft Ascent 275.91 m Ascent
Singletrack Fruit Heights, UT( 1 )
Skyline Mountain Marathon
26.9 mi 43.3 km • Point to Point • 5,303 ft Ascent 1616.47 m Ascent
Singletrack Liberty, UT( 4 )
Mule Ear Loop
5.5 mi 8.8 km • Loop • 1,012 ft Ascent 308.52 m Ascent
Singletrack Liberty, UT( 2 )
Hornet Canyon Loop
2.1 mi 3.4 km • Loop • 1,295 ft Ascent 394.7 m Ascent
Singletrack Farmington, UT( 1 )
Run this trail?
Add details to help others plan their adventure.
“The 10k course for the 2015 XTERRA nationals.”— Brian Smith
Featured Race - Sep 15, 2018
- From the start, it's an all-out effort up a wide open ski run to the first junction.
- Turn Left onto Green Pond and enjoy the descent as the trail makes its way down the other side of the ridge you just ran up
- The trail will then angle back upward and you'll settle into a roughly 1.2 mile climb
- Shortly after a brief descent, the course will briefly join Last Chance
- Climb a short series of switchbacks on Last Chance before descending back to Green Pond
- Rejoin Green Pond for the last short uphill and get read for a quad-pounding descent all the way to the finish line
- When Green Pond spits you out onto Needles Trail, the fun begins... Hold on!
- Zig and Zag through forest and open ski runs on Needles
- Follow the course onto a brief section of Maples Loop and get ready for the glory.
- From here, it's a straight shot down to the finish line!
Land Manager: Snowbasin Resort