XTERRA Triathlon Nationals: 10k Run
ElevationAscent: 793' 242 m
Descent: -767' -234 m
High: 6,922' 2,110 m
Low: 6,394' 1,949 m
GradeAvg Grade: 5% (3°)
Max Grade: 33% (18°)
Popular runs nearby
Middle Fork to Wheeler Creek to East Fork Loop
6.4 mi 10.3 km • Loop • 909 ft Ascent 276.99 m Ascent
15.3 mi 24.6 km • Out and Back • 5,255 ft Ascent 1601.62 m Ascent
Hornet Canyon Loop
2.1 mi 3.4 km • Loop • 1,295 ft Ascent 394.7 m Ascent
Elephant Rock Out and Back
7.0 mi 11.2 km • Out and Back • 974 ft Ascent 296.8 m Ascent
Tour of Antelope Island (Buffalo Run 25k/50k route)
16.5 mi 26.5 km • Loop • 1,893 ft Ascent 576.84 m Ascent
7.3 mi 11.7 km • Out and Back • 2,140 ft Ascent 652.26 m Ascent
Navigate on-trail with our free app
“The 10k course for the 2015 XTERRA nationals.”— Brian Smith
Race - Sep 7, 2019
- From the start, it's an all-out effort up a wide open ski run to the first junction.
- Turn Left onto Green Pond and enjoy the descent as the trail makes its way down the other side of the ridge you just ran up
- The trail will then angle back upward and you'll settle into a roughly 1.2 mile climb
- Shortly after a brief descent, the course will briefly join Last Chance
- Climb a short series of switchbacks on Last Chance before descending back to Green Pond
- Rejoin Green Pond for the last short uphill and get read for a quad-pounding descent all the way to the finish line
- When Green Pond spits you out onto Needles Trail, the fun begins... Hold on!
- Zig and Zag through forest and open ski runs on Needles
- Follow the course onto a brief section of Maples Loop and get ready for the glory.
- From here, it's a straight shot down to the finish line!
Run this trail?
We need help with the following missing trail information:
Dogs Allowed, Flora & Fauna, Runner Notes, History & Background
Land Manager: Snowbasin Resort