Jupiter Peak Steeple Chase
ElevationAscent: 3,399' 1,036 m
Descent: -3,434' -1,047 m
High: 9,990' 3,045 m
Low: 6,897' 2,102 m
GradeAvg Grade: 8% (5°)
Max Grade: 56% (29°)
Current trail conditions
Popular runs nearby
Deer Valley Out and Back
22.6 mi 36.4 km • Out and Back • 2,454 ft Ascent 748.02 m Ascent
Singletrack Park City, UT( 1 )
Dog Lake and Desolation Lake
8.5 mi 13.6 km • Loop • 2,133 ft Ascent 650.01 m Ascent
Singletrack Alta, UT( 7 )
Lake Blanche Trail
7.0 mi 11.3 km • Out and Back • 2,592 ft Ascent 790.06 m Ascent
Singletrack Cottonwood Heights, UT( 39 )
Pipeline Trail: Burch Hollow, Millcreek Canyon
9.3 mi 15.0 km • Out and Back • 275 ft Ascent 83.8 m Ascent
Singletrack Mount Olympus, UT( 16 )
9.6 mi 15.5 km • Out and Back • 3,596 ft Ascent 1095.95 m Ascent
Singletrack Alta, UT( 20 )
Run this trail?
Add details to help others plan their adventure.
“This long time Park City tradition is an endurance race for the trail warrior.”— Brian Smith
Featured Race - Jul 13, 2019
This event is also part of the Triple Trail Challenge, a 3-stage race that includes the Jupiter Peak Steeplechase, Park City Half Marathon and Mid-Mountain Marathon. Click Here to register.
- Jan 1 July 1: $50
- July 2 July 30: $65
- Day of: $75
There are 5 aid stations with water, but carrying water is encouraged. For your safety we will set-up a return to start/finish location.
- From the first time parking lot, the course follows a dirt access road to the Home Run ski trail.
- At mile 0.7, turn right onto Crescent Mine Grade (CMG) and follow it for ~2.1 miles to the Mid Mountain Trail
- After a short jaunt on Mid Mountain Trail, turn left onto Powerline
- At mile 4.5, continue onto Comstock Mine Rd. and then Thaynes Road
- At about mile 5.4, turn left onto Jupiter Access
- At the ridge, turn right onto Pioneer Ridge Rd. and ascend toward an obvious peak
- Bear left off of Pioneer Ridge Rd. for a steep scramble to the summit of Jupiter Peak
- Enjoy the view as you hustle up and over Jupiter and descend the south ridge on Jupiter Peak Road
- At mile 8, bear right on a cutoff to Scott's Bypass and descend fantastic singletrack
- At mile 9.25, continue onto Thaynes Road
- At mile 9.6, take a hard right onto Shadow Lake Trail
- At mile 10.4, turn left onto Jupiter Access and begin to retrace your steps.
- At mile 12.1, rather than retracing your steps on Mid Mountain Trail, continue onto Spiro Trail
- Follow Spiro Trail to the finish line!!!
Local Club: Mountain Trails Foundation