Jupiter Peak Steeple Chase
ElevationAscent: 3,399' 1,036 m
Descent: -3,434' -1,047 m
High: 9,990' 3,045 m
Low: 6,897' 2,102 m
GradeAvg Grade: 8% (5°)
Max Grade: 56% (29°)
Popular runs nearby
Armstrong Spiro Loop
9.0 mi 14.5 km • Loop • 1,519 ft Ascent 462.95 m Ascent
Gambel Oak Loop
3.5 mi 5.7 km • Loop • 502 ft Ascent 152.99 m Ascent
Deer Valley Out and Back
22.6 mi 36.4 km • Out and Back • 2,454 ft Ascent 748.02 m Ascent
Iron Cowboy Triathlon Run Course
11.0 mi 17.7 km • Loop • 3,153 ft Ascent 961.11 m Ascent
3.3 mi 5.3 km • Out and Back • 1,486 ft Ascent 452.87 m Ascent
Cecret Lake Interpretive Trail
1.7 mi 2.7 km • Out and Back • 455 ft Ascent 138.78 m Ascent
Navigate on-trail with our free app
“This long time Park City tradition is an endurance race for the trail warrior.”— Brian Smith
Race - Jul 13, 2019
This event is also part of the Triple Trail Challenge, a 3-stage race that includes the Jupiter Peak Steeplechase, Park City Half Marathon and Mid-Mountain Marathon. Click Here to register.
- Jan 1 July 1: $50
- July 2 July 30: $65
- Day of: $75
There are 5 aid stations with water, but carrying water is encouraged. For your safety we will set-up a return to start/finish location.
- From the first time parking lot, the course follows a dirt access road to the Home Run ski trail.
- At mile 0.7, turn right onto Crescent Mine Grade (CMG) and follow it for ~2.1 miles to the Mid Mountain Trail
- After a short jaunt on Mid Mountain Trail, turn left onto Powerline
- At mile 4.5, continue onto Comstock Mine Rd. and then Thaynes Road
- At about mile 5.4, turn left onto Jupiter Access
- At the ridge, turn right onto Pioneer Ridge Rd. and ascend toward an obvious peak
- Bear left off of Pioneer Ridge Rd. for a steep scramble to the summit of Jupiter Peak
- Enjoy the view as you hustle up and over Jupiter and descend the south ridge on Jupiter Peak Road
- At mile 8, bear right on a cutoff to Scott's Bypass and descend fantastic singletrack
- At mile 9.25, continue onto Thaynes Road
- At mile 9.6, take a hard right onto Shadow Lake Trail
- At mile 10.4, turn left onto Jupiter Access and begin to retrace your steps.
- At mile 12.1, rather than retracing your steps on Mid Mountain Trail, continue onto Spiro Trail
- Follow Spiro Trail to the finish line!!!
Run this trail?
We need help with the following missing trail information:
Dogs Allowed, Flora & Fauna, Runner Notes, History & Background