“This long time Park City tradition is an endurance race for the trail warrior.”
— Brian Smith
Race - Jul 14, 2018
Lake · River/Creek · Views · Wildflowers · Wildlife
If you are not at the Shadow Lake Loop Aid Station by 10:00 a.m. (2-hours after you start, and 6 miles from the start, you'll be asked to return to the start/finish). If you choose to continue against our recommendations, you do so at your own risk and we will ask for your bib. The course will close at 1:00pm.
This is a roughly 16-mile trail running loop on challenging singletrack trail with 3,000 of elevation gain. The La Sportiva Mountain Cup features 10 of the best trail races in the country and the Annual Jupiter Peak Steeplechase has been a part of this series since the beginning. The race begins at 8:00am from the First Time parking lot at Park City Mountain Resort and finishes at the Silver Star Cafe.
This event is also part of the Triple Trail Challenge,
a 3-stage race that includes the Jupiter Peak Steeplechase, Park City Half
Marathon and Mid-Mountain Marathon. Click Here to register.
Need to Know
The race begins at 8:00am from the First Time parking lot at Park City Mountain Resort and finishes at the Silver Star Cafe. View a PDF Course Map here. REGISTRATION FEES:
Pre-registration will close on 7/30/15 at 5:00pm, after this time Day-Of pricing will apply.
- Jan 1 July 1: $50
- July 2 July 30: $65
- Day of: $75
There are 5 aid stations with water, but carrying water is encouraged. For your safety we will set-up a return to start/finish location.
This is Approximately a 16 mile trail run from the First Time chairlift at the base of Park City Mountain Resort (7000) to the breathtaking (literally) top of Jupiter Peak (10,400) and back, on the challenging singletrack trails found within the Park City Mountain Resort property.
- From the first time parking lot, the course follows a dirt access road to the Home Run ski trail.
- At mile 0.7, turn right onto Crescent Mine Grade (CMG) and follow it for ~2.1 miles to the Mid Mountain Trail
- After a short jaunt on Mid Mountain Trail, turn left onto Powerline
- At mile 4.5, continue onto Comstock Mine Rd. and then Thaynes Road
- At about mile 5.4, turn left onto Jupiter Access
- At the ridge, turn right onto Pioneer Ridge Rd. and ascend toward an obvious peak
- Bear left off of Pioneer Ridge Rd. for a steep scramble to the summit of Jupiter Peak
- Enjoy the view as you hustle up and over Jupiter and descend the south ridge on Jupiter Peak Road
- At mile 8, bear right on a cutoff to Scott's Bypass and descend fantastic singletrack
- At mile 9.25, continue onto Thaynes Road
- At mile 9.6, take a hard right onto Shadow Lake Trail
- At mile 10.4, turn left onto Jupiter Access and begin to retrace your steps.
- At mile 12.1, rather than retracing your steps on Mid Mountain Trail, continue onto Spiro Trail
- Follow Spiro Trail to the finish line!!!