Point Reyes National Seashore offers year-round backcountry hike-in camping along Drakes Bay and in the Phillip Burton Wilderness and boat-in camping on the west shore of Tomales Bay. Because of its location near the Metropolitan San Francisco Bay Area, the campsites at Point Reyes are in great demand, and reservations are strongly suggested. Reservations may be made online at www.recreation.gov
or by calling 877-444-6777 (TDD: 877-833-6777). Fees are: $20 per night (1 to 6 people), $40 per night (7 to 14 people), $50 per night (15 to 25 people).
- Coast Camp: Twelve individual sites and two group sites.
- Glen Camp: Twelve individual sites and no group sites.
- Sky Camp: Eleven individual sites and one group site.
- Wildcat Camp: Five individual sites and three group sites. Three of the individual sites only hold up to four people.
- Tomales Bay: Twenty permits are available each day. Nine to parties of 1 to 6 people, 8 to parties of 7 to 14 people, and 3 to parties of 15 to 25 people.
The only lodging within Point Reyes National Seashore is the Point Reyes Hostel
which offers dormitory style accommodations, as well as four private rooms. There are also many other nearby camping
opportunities in the surrounding communities.