Fonta Flora 50k
ElevationAscent: 1,490' 454 m
Descent: -1,492' -455 m
High: 1,416' 431 m
Low: 1,203' 367 m
GradeAvg Grade: 2% (1°)
Max Grade: 14% (8°)
Current trail conditions
Popular runs nearby
2.5 mi 4.0 km • Loop • 1,025 ft Ascent 312.29 m Ascent
Singletrack Spruce Pine, NC( 4 )
Table Rock Ultras 30k
21.4 mi 34.4 km • Out and Back • 2,533 ft Ascent 771.95 m Ascent
Singletrack Glen Alpine, NC( 2 )
11.7 mi 18.8 km • Out and Back • 3,651 ft Ascent 1112.72 m Ascent
Singletrack Black Mountain, NC( 24 )
South Mountains 50k
31.3 mi 50.4 km • Point to Point • 5,978 ft Ascent 1822.22 m Ascent
Singletrack Salem, NC( 4 )
MacRae Peak Out and Back
1.8 mi 2.9 km • Loop • 697 ft Ascent 212.45 m Ascent
Singletrack Linville, NC( 8 )
Navigate on-trail with our free app
Run this trail?
Add details to help others plan their adventure.
“Tanawha Adventures easiest race, but it still doesn't lack on scenic beauty and mountain views.”— Brandon Thrower
Featured Race - Mar 23, 2019
- From the start at Brewery, run to the Overmountain Victory Trail: Lake James Segment and follow for one mile.
- Turn left onto Lake James State Park Road.
- Cross the bridge then turn right onto Paddy's Creek Trail.
- Follow Paddy's Creek Trail to Homestead Trail and turn left onto this trail.
- Cross park road again and enter MTB parking lot and aid station.
- Begin West Wimba Loop to East Wimba Loop Connector.
- Turn left onto East Wimba Loop Connector to East Wimba Loop and turn left.
- Turn left onto connector trail to Long Arm Road then take a left on the road.
- Follow this gravel road to NC 126 (aid station) and turn right onto NC 126.
- Follow NC 126 to the Fonta Flora/MST Connector Trail.
- Take Fonta Flora/MST Connector Trail to Fonta Flora State Trail - Fonta Flora County Park Section (aid station).
- Enter Fonta Flora State Trail - Fonta Flora County Park Section and follow to the boat ramp.
- Continue onto NC 126 back to Long Arm Road (aid station).
- Turn left onto Long Arm Road and follow back to connector get back on East Wimba Loop to complete the loop.
- Turn left onto East Wimba Loop and follow to East Wimba Loop Connector.
- Take East Wimba Loop Connector to West Wimba Loop and turn left to finish West Wimba Loop.
- Back at the MTB trailhead (aid station) turn left onto park road and follow to Mill's Creek Trail.
- Turn left onto Mill's Creek Trail and follow to the beach at the lake (aid station).
- Continue onto Paddy's Creek Trail and follow to park road.
- Turn left onto park road, cross bridge, then turn right onto the Overmountain Victory Trail: Lake James Segment.
- Follow Overmountain Victory Trail: Lake James Segment back to Fonta Flora Brewery and the finish.
Land Manager: North Carolina State Parks - Lake James State Park