Fonta Flora 50k
ElevationAscent: 1,490' 454 m
Descent: -1,492' -455 m
High: 1,416' 431 m
Low: 1,203' 367 m
GradeAvg Grade: 2% (1°)
Max Grade: 14% (8°)
Popular runs nearby
Linville Gorge Wilderness Loop
21.9 mi 35.2 km • Loop • 4,723 ft Ascent 1439.6 m Ascent
Table Rock Ultras 50k
31.2 mi 50.2 km • Loop • 5,623 ft Ascent 1713.86 m Ascent
7.4 mi 11.8 km • Loop • 1,648 ft Ascent 502.35 m Ascent
Quest For The Crest 50K
34.5 mi 55.5 km • Point to Point • 10,589 ft Ascent 3227.38 m Ascent
4.7 mi 7.6 km • Out and Back • 866 ft Ascent 264.09 m Ascent
13.3 mi 21.3 km • Point to Point • 1,131 ft Ascent 344.84 m Ascent
“Tanawha Adventures easiest race, but it still doesn't lack on scenic beauty and mountain views.”— Brandon Thrower
Race - Mar 21, 2020
Features Birding · Lake · River/Creek · Views · Wildflowers · Wildlife
- From the start at Brewery, run to the Overmountain Victory Trail: Lake James Segment and follow for one mile.
- Turn left onto Lake James State Park Road.
- Cross the bridge then turn right onto Paddy's Creek Trail.
- Follow Paddy's Creek Trail to Homestead Trail and turn left onto this trail.
- Cross park road again and enter MTB parking lot and aid station.
- Begin West Wimba Loop to East Wimba Loop Connector.
- Turn left onto East Wimba Loop Connector to East Wimba Loop and turn left.
- Turn left onto connector trail to Long Arm Road then take a left on the road.
- Follow this gravel road to NC 126 (aid station) and turn right onto NC 126.
- Follow NC 126 to the Fonta Flora/MST Connector Trail.
- Take Fonta Flora/MST Connector Trail to Fonta Flora State Trail - Fonta Flora County Park Section (aid station).
- Enter Fonta Flora State Trail - Fonta Flora County Park Section and follow to the boat ramp.
- Continue onto NC 126 back to Long Arm Road (aid station).
- Turn left onto Long Arm Road and follow back to connector get back on East Wimba Loop to complete the loop.
- Turn left onto East Wimba Loop and follow to East Wimba Loop Connector.
- Take East Wimba Loop Connector to West Wimba Loop and turn left to finish West Wimba Loop.
- Back at the MTB trailhead (aid station) turn left onto park road and follow to Mill's Creek Trail.
- Turn left onto Mill's Creek Trail and follow to the beach at the lake (aid station).
- Continue onto Paddy's Creek Trail and follow to park road.
- Turn left onto park road, cross bridge, then turn right onto the Overmountain Victory Trail: Lake James Segment.
- Follow Overmountain Victory Trail: Lake James Segment back to Fonta Flora Brewery and the finish.
Land Manager: North Carolina State Parks - Lake James State Park