“A short, flat, and beginner-friendly trip to the homestead ruins.”
— JC Condon
Fall Colors · River/Creek
Regulations from Colorado Parks and Wildlife:
- Ground fires are prohibited (cook stoves and self-contained grills are allowed).
- Vehicles must remain on designated roadways.
- Pets must be on a leash not exceeding six feet in length. Dispose of pet waste in garbage.
- No hunting is allowed in the park.
- Camping is prohibited.
- Gathering of artifacts, vegetation and timber is prohibited.
- Only 3.2 alcohol is allowed.
Starting from the Homestead Trailhead, head east out of the parking lot. Head past the Cherry Creek trail junctions and within less than half a mile you'll arrive at the ruins of the old Lucas Homestead, a unique concrete structure built in the 1800s. From here you can turn back or continue onto the Rimrock Trail
and/or Creek Bottom Trail