Dogs No Dogs
Birding · Commonly Backpacked · Fall Colors · River/Creek · Views · Waterfall · Wildflowers · Wildlife
You'll be entering a protected natural reserve. There is limited staff onsite. Be respectful of the rules and avoid getting too close to the wildlife or the nearby herds.
Need to Know
- Paid parking at entrance
- Trail has partial shade, the valley has no shade at all
- There is a donkey farm at the beginning of the trail you can rent from, from 1/2 day to a few days.
Trail running friendly – be mindful of the local wildlife to allow visitors to enjoy it as well
This trail crosses the Orlu Natural Reserve, allowing visitors to spot many of the Pyrenean animals all year around, all this in the middle of a beautiful meadow. In the summer, one can also enjoy the herds of cows or sheep grazing around.
The trail is well indicated and easy to follow. It starts in the shade, in a forest. Then, you'll be running in the middle of the valley, by the local Oriege River.
Flora & Fauna
- Tons of marmots seen or heard whistling
- Several Pyrenean chamois can be spotted as well
- Vultures can been seen flying around
- Plenty of mountain flowers
Shared By: Adrien Cadet