Routeburn Falls Hut
10 mi 16 km of trail — 0 Featured Runs
This is one of four DOC Great Walk huts on the Routeburn Track. There are also campsites at Routeburn Flats and Lake Mackenzie. This hut offers fabulous views over the Route Burn valley and Humboldt Mountains.
In summer season (Late October to Late April), there are:
- 48 bunks with mattresses in a communal sleeping layout.
- Water supply, flushing toilets, wash basins with cold running water (but no showers).
- Heating with fuel available, and solar lighting in the communal kitchen area.
- Cooking facilities with fuel, tables and seating (but no cooking utensils).
In winter season (Early May to Late October):
- Gas is not provided - you will need to bring your own cooking stove.
- Flush toilets are replaced with pit toilets.
- Running water is turned off inside the huts. Water can be obtained from the outside water tank, if this is frozen, then from the nearest water course or by melting snow.
- There are no conservation rangers based at the huts.
- Beds are on a first come basis only
Summer season (late October to late April)
- Adult (18+ years): $54 per night
- Child (under 17 years): free but booking still required
- Adult (18+ years): $15 per night
- Child (under 17 years): free
Trails in Routeburn Falls Hut - 4
Trail Run Project is built by runners like you. Add Your Trails
2.1 mi 3.4 km#1 Routeburn Track: Harris Shelter
|2.1 mi 3.4 km||Queenstown, NZ||5|
2.5 mi 4.0 km#2 North Branch Track
|2.5 mi 4.0 km||Queenstown, NZ||1|
1.3 mi 2.2 km#3 Routeburn Track: Falls Hut
|1.3 mi 2.2 km||Queenstown, NZ||4|
4.3 mi 7.0 km#4 Routeburn Track: Flats Hut
|4.3 mi 7.0 km||Queenstown, NZ||5|
Photos of Routeburn Falls Hut - 14
Trail Run Project is built by runners like you. Add Your Photos