Helen Holiday Trail Half-Marathon
ElevationAscent: 1,495' 456 m
Descent: -1,504' -458 m
High: 2,669' 814 m
Low: 1,500' 457 m
GradeAvg Grade: 4% (3°)
Max Grade: 18% (10°)
Current trail conditions
Popular runs nearby
Raven Cliffs Falls
5.5 mi 8.8 km • Out and Back • 895 ft Ascent 272.91 m Ascent
Singletrack Cleveland, GA( 40 )
Cruel Jewel 100
100.0 mi 161.0 km • Loop • 25,409 ft Ascent 7744.6 m Ascent
Singletrack Blairsville, GA( 1 )
Woody Gap and Dockerty Lake Loop
20.3 mi 32.7 km • Loop • 3,301 ft Ascent 1006.11 m Ascent
Singletrack Dahlonega, GA( 2 )
Appalachian Trail: Woody Gap to Gooch Gap Mountain Shelter
10.3 mi 16.6 km • Out and Back • 1,490 ft Ascent 454.15 m Ascent
Singletrack Dahlonega, GA( 5 )
Beech Creek Trail to Big Scaly Mountain
9.9 mi 15.9 km • Loop • 2,649 ft Ascent 807.37 m Ascent
Singletrack Hayesville, NC( 1 )
Rabun Georgia Trail Half Marathon
10.8 mi 17.5 km • Loop • 2,695 ft Ascent 821.49 m Ascent
Singletrack Mountain City, GA( 3 )
Navigate on-trail with our free app
“Seasoned veterans and trail newbies, get ready for one of the most beautiful trail half-marathons you'll ever run!”— Victor Mariano
Featured Race - Dec 14, 2019
- Miles 1-4: Flat non-technical terrain.
- Mile 4-5: Rolling terrain and the most technical section of the course, which involves mostly just navigating tree roots.
- Mile 5-6: This section has 250 feet of elevation gain on a gradual climb with switchbacks (the longest climb of the course).
- Mile 6-7: A LONG, fast descent!
- Miles 7-9: This section is flat road in the town of Helen. From there, it is a gentle climb followed by a fast descent to the creek crossing. YES, YOU WILL HAVE A CREEK CROSSING! It is about calf deep, so you WILL get your feet wet!
- Mile 9 to the finish: Rolling hills with some short steep climbs, (30-60 seconds) of climbing or hiking, then flat or downhill. The last 0.5 miles is flat and downhill.
Run this trail?
We need help with the following missing trail information:
Need to Know, History & Background
Is something wrong? Let us know. Have photos to share? Help fellow runners know what's here.