Helen Holiday Trail Half-Marathon
ElevationAscent: 1,495' 456 m
Descent: -1,504' -458 m
High: 2,669' 814 m
Low: 1,500' 457 m
GradeAvg Grade: 4% (3°)
Max Grade: 18% (10°)
Current trail conditions
Popular runs nearby
Neels Gap - Lake Winfield Scott Traverse
6.2 mi 10.0 km • Point to Point • 1,416 ft Ascent 431.71 m Ascent
Singletrack Blairsville, GA( 4 )
Cruel Jewel 100
100.0 mi 161.0 km • Loop • 25,409 ft Ascent 7744.6 m Ascent
Singletrack Blairsville, GA( 1 )
Appalachian Trail: Woody Gap to Gooch Gap Mountain Shelter
10.3 mi 16.6 km • Out and Back • 1,490 ft Ascent 454.15 m Ascent
Singletrack Dahlonega, GA( 5 )
6.7 mi 10.8 km • Out and Back • 396 ft Ascent 120.74 m Ascent
Singletrack Clarkesville, GA( 25 )
Benton MacKaye Trail
292.3 mi 470.4 km • Point to Point • 54,682 ft Ascent 16667.1 m Ascent
Singletrack Cherry Log, GA( 3 )
Navigate on-trail with our free app
Run this trail?
Add details to help others plan their adventure.
“Seasoned veterans and trail newbies, get ready for one of the most beautiful trail half-marathons you'll ever run!”— Victor Mariano
Featured Race - Dec 14, 2019
- Miles 1-4: Flat non-technical terrain.
- Mile 4-5: Rolling terrain and the most technical section of the course, which involves mostly just navigating tree roots.
- Mile 5-6: This section has 250 feet of elevation gain on a gradual climb with switchbacks (the longest climb of the course).
- Mile 6-7: A LONG, fast descent!
- Miles 7-9: This section is flat road in the town of Helen. From there, it is a gentle climb followed by a fast descent to the creek crossing. YES, YOU WILL HAVE A CREEK CROSSING! It is about calf deep, so you WILL get your feet wet!
- Mile 9 to the finish: Rolling hills with some short steep climbs, (30-60 seconds) of climbing or hiking, then flat or downhill. The last 0.5 miles is flat and downhill.