Helen Holiday Trail Half-Marathon
ElevationAscent: 1,495' 456 m
Descent: -1,504' -458 m
High: 2,669' 814 m
Low: 1,500' 457 m
GradeAvg Grade: 4% (3°)
Max Grade: 18% (10°)
Popular runs nearby
Raven Cliffs Falls
5.5 mi 8.8 km • Out and Back • 895 ft Ascent 272.91 m Ascent
Yonah Mountain Trail #632
4.6 mi 7.4 km • Out and Back • 1,471 ft Ascent 448.34 m Ascent
Appalachian Trail: Woody Gap to Gooch Gap Mountain Shelter
10.3 mi 16.6 km • Out and Back • 1,490 ft Ascent 454.15 m Ascent
Bridal Veil Falls
1.8 mi 2.9 km • Out and Back • 593 ft Ascent 180.76 m Ascent
Denton Creek Falls
2.0 mi 3.2 km • Loop • 482 ft Ascent 146.96 m Ascent
Standing Indian (Nantahala Headwaters) Loop
21.9 mi 35.3 km • Loop • 3,960 ft Ascent 1206.92 m Ascent
Navigate on-trail with our free app
“Seasoned veterans and trail newbies, get ready for one of the most beautiful trail half-marathons you'll ever run!”— Victor Mariano
Race - Dec 14, 2019
- Miles 1-4: Flat non-technical terrain.
- Mile 4-5: Rolling terrain and the most technical section of the course, which involves mostly just navigating tree roots.
- Mile 5-6: This section has 250 feet of elevation gain on a gradual climb with switchbacks (the longest climb of the course).
- Mile 6-7: A LONG, fast descent!
- Miles 7-9: This section is flat road in the town of Helen. From there, it is a gentle climb followed by a fast descent to the creek crossing. YES, YOU WILL HAVE A CREEK CROSSING! It is about calf deep, so you WILL get your feet wet!
- Mile 9 to the finish: Rolling hills with some short steep climbs, (30-60 seconds) of climbing or hiking, then flat or downhill. The last 0.5 miles is flat and downhill.
Run this trail?
We need help with the following missing trail information:
Need to Know, History & Background
Is something wrong? Let us know. Have photos to share? Help fellow runners know what's here.