Trail Run Project Logo

When Are We Getting Our Free Gear

Tom Robson · · Boulder, CO · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 9,146

Hey Folks,

All of us at Trail Run Project just wanted to thank [u]you[/u] for adding such awesome content to the site for the contest! We sincerely appreciate your involvement in the project and hope that you continue to find value in the product, even when there isn't contest schwag on the line.

Additionally, thank you for your patience with regards to us getting the Smartwool gear into your hands. We had really been hoping to get it to you sometime earlier this summer but hope that you still have at least a few weeks to enjoy it before the snow falls... In this same vein, if you did not receive gear and think you should have, please send an email to admin@adventureprojects.net and we'll get it to you.

Again, thank you so much for all of your involvement, it's your amazing contributions to the site that make it the powerful resource that it's becoming!

Best,
The Adventure Projects Team

Mea Tiyogur · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2015 · Points: 93

Still waiting for our gear! Any word on the last batch of names I was told via email would go out in October? The person who emailed said our household should've been in the first batch, but we haven't received anything and that was the first I'd heard from anyone. He promised make sure we were on the latest list. What's the status, or are we SOL?

Jason Smith · · Carbondale, Colorado · Joined Dec 2007 · Points: 967

Hey TRP contributors! If you are expecting gear for your trail mapping contributions, the word from Smartwool is that shipments are going out. You should be set, but please drop us a line here if you have any issues!

Still no gear despite a couple reassurances it was coming. Guess we're outta luck.

Tomsen Reed · · Logan, UT · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 3,172

Haha why are you so negative about getting this gear? They said in the very first email that it would take 8-10 weeks, its been maybe 7-8 by now, and with the holidays you can probably bet it's going to take a little longer since Smartwool, I'm sure, is very busy this time of year. If February comes and you still don't have your gear, then is the time to start asking questions. But that's just my opinion - i'm not a Smartwool or Trail Run Project employee

Not negative at all. I'm simply doing as the Trail Run Project employee asked me to do when he said via email that my gear was being shipped. I was told if it didn't arrive by mid-December that I should let them know. It didn't arrive, so I'm letting them know. That was the second time I was told the stuff was being shipped but didn't arrive, which is why it seems likely it's been lost in the ether. ETA in case anyone else is wondering about their gear: TRP told me in November that it was the 2nd and final batch from Smartwool. If my company were running a promotion and my sponsor didn't deliver, I'd want to know.

Iris, we really appreciate the heads up. We are in touch with Smartwool and you are most definitely not out of luck...one way or another, we'll make sure you receive your gear.

And that's totally fine to check up again on the status of things, especially if someone told you to. I guess just saying things like "Guess we're outta luck" and "Are we SOL?" seem inherently negative to me. But anyway, thanks for following up on the gear, I'm excited to get it too.

Got my free gear today! Still a little too cold outside to use it, but it looks great! Thanks!

-Tomsen

Tom Robson · · Boulder, CO · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 9,146

Woooo!!! *phew* Glad you finally got it, Tomsen. Thanks for sharing so many trail running experiences on the site!

-Tom

Vanessa McKnight · · Quitman, TX · Joined Apr 2015 · Points: 490

I got home from class and found a package from FedEX, completely unexpected but totally made my day because it contained SmartWool shorts, shirt, and socks. The best part of it is...it fits! Thank you!

We've been in contact with Smartwool and it sounds like all packages should be received by later this week. Thanks, everyone, for your patience!

Brendan Ross · · PNW · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 3,535

Me too. Shipped two day mail from FedEx. That's... uh... yeah.

Anyway, thanks TRP and Smartwool.

peter sang · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2019 · Points: 0

You guys should partner with other smaller companies and run a similar promotion in the future , you can read ​http://smartwear.vn/smartwatch/​​​

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Gear Discussion
Post a Reply to "When Are We Getting Our Free Gear"