Trail Run Project Logo

Black dot indicating location on elevation vs distance profile no longer in new version

Original Post
Jessica K · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2018 · Points: 0

Or is there a different way to show that information and I haven't figured it out? That was an extremely helpful feature. Please bring it back!! 

Kristen Arendt · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 3,578

Hi Jessica,

Thanks for the feedback. We did change the way that feature looks slightly, but you should still have the option to drag your finger over the elevation profile to get an approximate location and distance for the trail on the map.

In order to access this feature, click on the trail on the map. You should then see a trail card pop up at the bottom of the page for that particular trail. In the bottom right hand corner of the card, there is a mountain icon. Click on this to display the elevation profile for the entire trail. Once you have the elevation profile up, you should be able to drag your finger along the profile and see the corresponding location and mileage on on the trail on the map. It no longer has a dot, but you will have a small pop-up with the mileage, elevation and grade. 

Hope this helps!

Kristen 

Chris Leonetti · · Sacramento, CA · Joined Nov 2010 · Points: 0

Totally agree, this was one of the defining/stand-out features of the app and I really think you guys should bring it back. The new way of locating your position on the profile map is clunky and dumb and not something one can quickly do while checking the app on a run. Overall, this most recent update seems like a step in the wrong direction for the app's usefulness, but if you are going to do one thing, PLEASE BRING BACK THIS FEATURE!

Hi Kristen,

Thanks for confirming. I had figured that out and I agree with Chris that this new method of locating the position is clunky and definitively much much slower than the glance it took before. I've tried estimating my location on runs multiple times and now need to come to a complete stop to use the app safely. Before it was easy, quick, and intuitive -- like taking a look at one's watch.  I suspect that other (less vocal) users feel the same way about the loss of the old feature.  If you work on the app directly, can your team consider adding the old feature back? Otherwise, can you pass the feedback on this thread to the development team?

Thank you kindly,
Jessica 

Kristen Arendt · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 3,578

Good news! With the next app update, we will be adding the location icon back to the elevation profile. Look for this feature in your next app update (along with a few additional updates and fixes). Thanks again for the feedback!

Kristen 

Awesome! Thank you! Looking forward to it.

Jessica 

Chris Leonetti · · Sacramento, CA · Joined Nov 2010 · Points: 0

Sweet, thanks for bringing it back!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Trail Run Project Feedback & Suggestions
Post a Reply to "Black dot indicating location on elevation vs d…"