Trail Run Project Logo

Central Oregon/Bend weirdos

Original Post
Brice Wick · · Unknown Hometown · Joined 11 days ago · Points: 0

Hey hey.. 
My wild dog and I are looking for some people to go on some longer, 30+ mile runs and treks through winter landscapes, high desert, perhaps higher alpine and exposed settings (as much as my personal ability, and my dogs ability will allow). I'm comfortable in techincal terrain. I started rock climbing last summer in Leadville, CO, so that opened up a lot of terrain.

I'm not an ultra-dork or whatnot, never raced in my life. Maybe I will race someday. I just like to run, usually up mountains, scare the shit out of myself, and push my own endurance envelope a bit further. I'm a 35 year old dude, 'dirtbagging', been running a little over 2 years, fell in love with mountains and wilderness. I haven't pushed it further than 30 miles, yet. I've kinda plateaued, time to go further. I am fairly confident in my strength these days, but I know I could be a lot stronger. I have ambitions of going out into the backcountry on multi-sport treks for hundreds of miles - you know... Down the line, when I transcend this humanly body and join the animal kingdom. 

I'll admit it, I want someone to train with, experienced or otherwise. Having people to get out there with, daily, in all weather conditions, would be most wonderful. Having people who are equally as crazed, if not more, to share the journey and excitement is what I crave now. Number one reason I need partners is for safety.. a lot can happen out there. 

Naturally, I'm down for some smaller runs/beers/joints to suss things out.

Take care all, be safe out yonder.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Partners
Post a Reply to "Central Oregon/Bend weirdos"