Adventure Projects is hiring a web engineer to join us in Boulder, CO
Trail Run Project Logo

Tracking data, mapping runs

Original Post
A C · · Boulder, CO · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 0

I think this site is great. However, two things that I think would help make it indispensable and the go to for all trail runners would be:

1. activity logs similar to those hosted by the gps watch manufacturers or sites like Strava.
- you could allow users to look at improvements in average pace, distance, pace on inclines and descents, and PRs (including progress) on goto routes like Green Mountain-Ranger-Saddle in Boulder

2. I'm sure this gets mentioned several times a day, but new route planning that doesn't involve establishing or publishing that route as a featured run. As training gets longer or runners seek out terrain for specific reasons they tend to link together several trails/routes and in this process they aren't always traveling in the usual direction.

Kristen Arendt · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 3,502

Hi AC,

Thanks for the feedback! We have had similar suggestions/requests and while adding these features isn't on our short-term to-do list, we plan to keep expanding the functionality of both the app and the website so keep an eye open for improvements down the road! As a runner myself, I selfishly would love to see a route building tool as well :)

Kristen 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Tracking data, mapping runs"
in the Trail Run Project Feedback & Suggestions