Trail Run Project Logo

Original Post
KJ C · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2017 · Points: 0

I recently tried to submit a trail. However because it started from the same point as another trail I wasn't able to submit it because there was too much overlap with another trail.

I understand that it's nice to break down the trail into chunks so you can pick and choose to create the mileage you want but several trails share the same trail head...  So I feel like the trails on this app should accommodate that. And not just take mileage of a jut off of the main trail

Kristen Arendt · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 3,489

Hi KJ C,

Thanks for the heads up about the overlap! Ideally, we try to match the trails on our map to what you would find on a paper map or the official trail map. In most cases, trails will reflect point-to-point mileage and typically won't have much overlap. However, we also understand that there are some "nested" trail systems or loop trail systems where trails are marked concurrently on the ground and do have a lot of overlap.

If the trail you were trying to add is in one of these types of trail systems, please feel free to email me the GPS track at kristen@adventureprojects.net and I can take a look at getting the track uploaded for you.

Thanks,

Kristen    

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Feedback: Trails that share trailheads"
in the Trail Run Project Feedback & Suggestions