Trail Run Project Logo

Tracking a run

Original Post
Kim Ward · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2018 · Points: 0

Is there a possibility that android will be able to track/record runs within the app in the near future? I love this app and there are runs in my area that are not on the map that I would love to share with everyone, however I have android  and am unable. 

Kristen Arendt · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 3,502

Hi Kim,

Adding tracking to the Android app is definitely on our long-term to-do list! Currently, it is still going to be a little while before we get this functionality added to the Android app. In the meantime, I would recommend using an app like Strava to record a GPS track to share on Trail Run Project--we would definitely love your help to get your local trails added.

Best,

Kristen 

Jason Campbell · · Woodland Park, CO · Joined May 2018 · Points: 0
Kristen Arendt wrote: Hi Kim,

Adding tracking to the Android app is definitely on our long-term to-do list! Currently, it is still going to be a little while before we get this functionality added to the Android app. In the meantime, I would recommend using an app like Strava to record a GPS track to share on Trail Run Project--we would definitely love your help to get your local trails added.

Best,

Kristen 

Jason Campbell · · Woodland Park, CO · Joined May 2018 · Points: 0

I'm using All Trails App as many of the trails that are missing from TrailRun Project are on All Trails. I detest using two different Apps to do the same thing. How can we add a new trail route to TrailRun Project?

Kristen Arendt · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 3,502

Hi Jason,

In order to add a new trail or run to Trail Run Project, you will need a recorded GPS track to upload the trail to the site. Right now we offer GPS tracking in our iOS app but if you have an Android device, you will have to record the GPS track in another app or device. If you have a Garmin watch or other GPS tracker that you use to record your runs, you should be able to download a .GPX file to add the trail to Trail Run Project. Once you have the GPS track recorded and downloaded, just look for the "Share Your Trails" link at the bottom of the website, and this will walk you through the process of how to upload your trail to the site! If you have any other specific questions about the process please feel free to email me directly at kristen@adventureprojects.net, and I am happy to help.

Kristen 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Trail Run Project Feedback & Suggestions
Post a Reply to "Tracking a run"