Trail Run Project Logo

Create a trail

Original Post
Rafael Porto · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2017 · Points: 2,721

Hi

How can i create a new trail with my garmin or strava data?

Rafael Porto · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2017 · Points: 2,721

I created a new trail, i can see it at the website but not at the mobile phone.

Kristen Arendt · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 4,598

Hi Rafael,

Awesome to have you sharing your trails! In order to add a new trail using your Garmin or Strava data, you will just need to download a .GPX file of the trail from Garmin/Strava. Once this file is downloaded, you can then add it to Trail Run Project by clicking the "Share Your Trails" link under your profile icon in the upper right-hand corner of the website. Then select "Create a Trail or Run" and you will have the option to upload a GPX file to get that trail created. 

If you recorded a GPS track in the Trail Run Project mobile app, you will just need to make the track public. You can do this by going to your profile, clicking on the recorded track that you would like to publish, and then clicking the "Share to Trail Run Project" button on the right hand side of the map. 

Also, just so you know, once you create a trail and give it a summary and description, you will need to submit it for admin review. While a trail is still in review, you will be able to see it on the website, but not in the mobile app. Once a trail has been fully approved by an admin, it will then be published to the mobile app. 

Hope this helps, and please let me know if you have any additional questions!

Best,

Kristen

Roshell Lipham · · Warrensburg, MO · Joined Aug 2016 · Points: 212

I recorded a new GPS through the app and I can't find where it says to make it public...I'm in GPS Tracks...I see my run under where it says Share yourTrails....click on my run and it just brings up the map. I went to Share your Trails and it tells me how to do it not using the app (like from a Garmin, etc..) Please help, I want to be a trail pioneer!!! There's so many trails around me that are not recorded here!

Hi Roshell,

Thanks for reaching out! So in order to make a track that you have recorded in the mobile app public, you will just need to head to your Trail Run Project profile on the website (you can do this by clicking your profile icon in the upper right hand corner of the page and selecting "Your Profile"). Once on your profile page, you will see a section at the top titled "Recorded GPS Tracks". Click on the track you would like to make public, and on the next page, you should see a orange "Share to Trail Run Project" button--click this and it will walk you through the steps of getting your trails added!

Let me know if you have any other questions, and we look forward to seeing the trails from your neck of the woods :)

Kristen

Everything matches up until the orange Share to Trail Run Project button. I do not see that anywhere after I click on the recorded trail. There's the app badge but I cannot click it. 

I got it to work on my PC. Thanks

Lily Oliver · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2017 · Points: 0

I created a new trail, i can see it at the website but not at the mobile phone.

- - - Lily Oliver - - -    

Hi Lily,

Thanks for reaching out! So all new trails that are added to the website much be reviewed and approved by an admin before they will appear in the mobile app. Just make sure that you have submitted your new trail for admin review so that we can get it approved for the mobile app ASAP!

Let me know if you have any additional questions about the process!

Kristen 

Cody Schaef · · Unknown Hometown · Joined 19 days ago · Points: 0

Santa Fe lake has a trail in kansas that would like to be added. They have a full profile on the mtn bike portion of the app.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply