Create a trail

Original Post
Rafael Porto · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2017 · Points: 414

Hi

How can i create a new trail with my garmin or strava data?

Rafael Porto · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2017 · Points: 414

I created a new trail, i can see it at the website but not at the mobile phone.

Kristen Arendt · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 4,517

Hi Rafael,

Awesome to have you sharing your trails! In order to add a new trail using your Garmin or Strava data, you will just need to download a .GPX file of the trail from Garmin/Strava. Once this file is downloaded, you can then add it to Trail Run Project by clicking the "Share Your Trails" link under your profile icon in the upper right-hand corner of the website. Then select "Create a Trail or Run" and you will have the option to upload a GPX file to get that trail created. 

If you recorded a GPS track in the Trail Run Project mobile app, you will just need to make the track public. You can do this by going to your profile, clicking on the recorded track that you would like to publish, and then clicking the "Share to Trail Run Project" button on the right hand side of the map. 

Also, just so you know, once you create a trail and give it a summary and description, you will need to submit it for admin review. While a trail is still in review, you will be able to see it on the website, but not in the mobile app. Once a trail has been fully approved by an admin, it will then be published to the mobile app. 

Hope this helps, and please let me know if you have any additional questions!

Best,

Kristen

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply